Regularity in SalatThe Holy Quran states: "Recite that which has been revealed to thee of the Book, and observe Prayer. Surely, Prayer restrains one from indecency and manifest evil, and remembrance of Allah is the greatest virtue. And Allah knows what you do." (29:46)
In his sermon of February 15, 2008, Hazrat Khalifatul Masih (aba) said that Salat is the primary source of purifying the self, as the verse above signifies. The verse speaks of reciting the word of Allah, to spread it to others and to observe Salat, for Salat, when it is observed with its due requisites is a source of purifying the self. Huzur said it is the responsibility of each Ahmadi to focus on observing Salat, to observe each Salat at its prescribed time. The five daily prayers are the milestone from where the spiritual journey begins; it is the seed that has the potential of spiritual growth. If one is negligent with Salat, virtues are suppressed in the manner that weeds suppress the growth of a field. It is our task to make the roots of this worship so strong that it safeguards us from all evil. (Read the entire summary and listen to the sermon here)
Important of Friday Prayers in Islam
The Holy Quran states: "O ye who believe! when the call is made for Prayer on Friday, hasten to the remembrance of Allah, and leave off all business. That is better for you, if you only knew." (62:10)
In his sermon of Friday September 18, 2009, Hazrat Khalifatul Masih V (aba) said that when the call for Jummah is made, all else is of secondary significance. He further said that each Muslim should pray for and make effort to safeguard it and pay its dues. Huzur said one pays its dues by ceasing all work and heading for the mosque. In this day and age where the Adhan may not be heard everywhere there are alternative ways and means to remind oneself of the time for Jummah. For example, the Adhan is sounded through [mobile] telephones. (Read the entire summary and listen to the sermon here)
What Shold Local Nazim Tarbiyyat Do? 10 Conditions of Initiation (Bai'at) Official MKA letter for taking time off from work/school for Jumma Prayers
• Regularly remind khuddam about coming to the Mosque for Juma prayers, congregational prayers and meetings.
• Work with other departments to hold weekly activities around Salat time to encourage khuddam to come to Mosque for activities other than Juma and meetings (for example sports, waqar e amal, or other fun/get-together activities)
• Keep attendance count of khuddam coming to the mosque for reporting purposes
• Conduct Juma drives as instructed by National Tarbiyyat department
• Help Khuddam and Atfal get time off from school or work by providing them with a letter from Sadr sahib (can be requested through Tarbiyyat department web page)
• Discuss monthly tarbiyyat topic at the local meetings (interactive sessions using material developed by the department)
• Assist National Tarbiyyat department with Tarbiyyat surveys 2-3 times in the year.
The initiate shall solemnly promise:
I That he/she shall abstain from Shirk (association of any partner with God) right up to the day of his/her death. II That he/she shall keep away from falsehood, fornication, adultery, trespasses of the eye, debauchery, dissipation, cruelty, dishonesty, mischief and rebellion; and will not permit himself/herself to be carried away by passions, however strong they might be.
To request a letter from Sadr MKA for your employer/school send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include ALL of the following information. It will be included in the letter. All information is mandatory. The Department will not send a letter without complete information.
1. Name and address of addressee. If none is provided, letter will say "To whom it may concern". If no address is provided, only electronic (PDF) letter will be provided.
2. Name of Khadim/Tifl requesting time off
3. Time slot for which time-off is being requested (for example, 1PM to 3PM)
4. Address of Local Mosque where Tifl/Khadim would go to Juma
5. Name of Local Qaid.
6. Phone number of Local Qaid
7. Do you need a physical letter mailed to the address provided or an electronic letter (PDF) mailed back to you is sufficient?
8. Your Majlis name (for record keeping only, will not be in the content of the letter).
How to request time off from Juma? (click to watch scenario video)
From the Archives Jumma Older Departmental Plans
Departmental Plan 2002-2003Tarbiyyat Topics from 2009-2010
Departmental Plan 2003-2004
Departmental Plan 2005-2006
Departmental Plan 2006-2007
Departmental Plan 2007-2008
Departmental Plan 2008-2009
Departmental Plan 2009-2010
Departmental Plan 2010-2011
November December January February March April May June July August September October
- Friday is the holy day for Muslim worship, with a congregational service held at the time of Zuhr prayer.
- Attendance is obligatory for Muslim men. (Holy Quran 62:10)
- Women should attend whenever they are able to as the blessings received for attending are very great.
- At a particular moment during the service, angels come near to the worshipers and they ask Allah to especially bless the faithful who are present in the congregation.
Letter to Huzoor Additional Resources
Please send your letter for prayers to Huzoor at
Private Secretary's Office, Fazl MosqueYou may also fax your letters to Private Secretary's Office at: +44 208 870 5234
16 Gressenhall Road
London SW18 5QL
Download Salat with Translation
Muthamim Tarbiyyat Hamid Sheikh